Saturday 21 April 2012

Gone were the days...


Hide and seek, teacher teacher, ghar ghar, office office, cooking cooking, baraf paani, ludo, doctor doctor etc etc. I am sure nobody of you is unfamiliar with these games we used to play in childhood. My mind always flood with memories whenever I see children playing and living carefree life. I can’t forget a single thing of my childhood. What a beautiful time that was; no worries of life, no worries of money or anything. We just had our own fantasy world where only happiness were existing, no concerns what was going around and used to be busy in our own world, never knew the value of money and we’d choose a candy instead of thousands of rupees. We didn’t even know what does life mean.
I was not very stubborn child but still I remember a lot of things which make me smile. Daily at 5 o’clock in evening, I used to go to my friend without skipping a single day. Birthday parties, Eid, Independence Day etc., I don’t remember if I ever missed even a single event together. Every month we used to arrange won dish party and asked our mother to cook and I don’t remember if she ever refused to do. We used to play exam exam and made papers with silly questions, even once we arranged a picnic at home. We blew the bath tub on the roof and put on sunglasses and umbrellas and had snacks and samosas. That was the most beautiful part of my childhood.
But as my mind comes back to the present, I wonder how materialistic and artificial life has become. When we were children, we had no time to cry. There were just beautiful smiles and laughs. Even the silliest things used to make us laugh, but now we need to search the reasons to smiles. Our smiles have been imitated. We cannot even judge others real and artificial smiles. I wish I could turn back the clock. I miss every minute of it immensely. If I ever get the chance to ask my wish, I would definitely ask for my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment